Monday, May 21, 2007



Atmosphere and Ambiance Ricks Boat Yard Cafe

My sister and I went to Ricks Boat Yard Cafe. It was a sweltering day after church and we were in the mood to have some great tasting sea food combined with a want to indulge in the inviting and upbeat aura of Ricks. In their lot as soon as my feet hit the pavement I was greeted by a blast of heat, not wanting to wait, standing in the hot sun, for my sister pulling her car into a much farther parking space toward the back of the marina. In fluid movements I headed toward the building’s front facade and open doors as she called out “hey wait”. I feel the instant gush of air and immediately sense the pace begin to subtly change.

I look around and drink in the ambiance as crooners play live jazz and I spy splendid small little yachts on Eagle Creek through the large windows, certainly the restaurant’s theme begins to sink in. While @ dinner my sister and I notice many diverse families chatting and in the troughs of conversation some were large families gathered at tables to accommodate such a group, to small families, from 1st dates to old married couples. Everyone seemed to enjoy the mood. My senses were peaked each time the waiter brought out food to waiting guests. My sis and I strained to see what new delectable food was accompanying the smell and presentation, as it took us quite a long time to make up our minds due to the amount of seemingly endless variety of succulent seafood dishes. Looking out onto Eagle Creek watching the elegant boats drift casually by, plus great food and cool music, all of my sense were more then indulged and pampered.

No comments: