Sunday, May 20, 2007

Day

As I consider this project I am struck with the contrast of the feeling of a day getting ready for work versus a day on the weekend.

When I have to work the pace is much faster, I immediately get out of bed no lingering to look around and enjoy the wind gently blowing on the bright green leaves in the tree outside my windows.


Instead, I think about how annoying my alarm clock sounds, and head for the bathroom.


Stepping on the cold ceramic I sleepily turn on the shower grabbing a fresh white towel and tossing it onto the holder. I don’t linger to smell the aromatic sent of the laundry detergent whipping off of my towel; I just hop in the shower.


On days off this should be my most relaxing time, feeling the water streaming down on my hair and skin, I usually relish in the feeling and relinquish all thoughts other than soaking my hair with my yummy Bath and Body complete all in one shampoo, body wash and bubble bath.

As the steam fills the shower I lean against the tile as beads of water dribble off of my soothed and soaked head while feeling the newness of a washcloth seemingly scrubbing better than their older counterparts. Yet on days heading off to work, as I am usually pressed for time, instead I think about the events of the upcoming day paying zero heed to water, or feelings of flowing anything .



After popping out of the shower I dry off and lotion up noticing the smell of the lotion wafting up into my senses. Of course on days preparing for work there is really none, or very little attention paid to these small portions of the day.


As I brush my teeth I am over come by how

hard I scrub, but nevertheless I feel a refreshing mouth clean feeling afterwards.


Taking all of this into account I came to the realization that being preoccupied with many of the daily and normal tasks, one creases to really pay any attention to the, smells, sights and feelings that accompany and make up a vast portion of the senses one encounters daily.

No comments: